Wednesday 20 December 2017

Starting Again

"Fallen race of Diarmed! disloyal, untrue,
No harp in the Highlands will sorrow for you;"
From The Day of Inverlochy, by Iain Lom, as published in The Heather and the Gale by Ronald Williams. 



Well, I thought I would have another go at this blogging lark.  My blogging may have fallen by the way-side, but my endeavours to re-create the Battle of Inverlochy in miniature have come to glorious fruition over the last three and a half years, as you can see from the picture above!

When I last blogged in February 2014 I had done a bundle of research, bought a fistful of figures, and commissioned a couple of figure painters to help with the daunting task of bringing the hundreds of lead (and plastic!) figures to life.  It took the rest of 2014 and much of 2015 to complete the figures, terrain boards, and the supporting cast of background 'fluff'.  So, the blog will now run through the story of how the wargame came together, how it played, and the short tour of shows where I demo'd the game during 2017.

In the next post I'll run through the wargame order of battle, and the figures that I chose to use to represent them.

No comments:

Post a Comment